From his vantage point at the head of a global business spanning IT, real estate and cosmetic surgery with an annual turnover in excess of $100 million, It was his late father, a respected Indian economist and journalist, who identified Kohli’s drive and ambition in boyhood and encouraged him to study electrical engineering at the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology in Kanpur.
After graduating, he was taken on by a small Delhi company making tachometers. One day, he was asked to oversee the placement of digital timers in the conveyor belts of a battery-making plant. Kohli realised that new microprocessor technology could vastly improve the plant’s efficiency but managers refused to hear him out. He recalls, with comic animation, “I burst into the office. My speech came out all muddled up as security guards tried to manhandle me out.”
Naive as he was, Kohli chuckles at how puzzled he was when ordered a letter of credit and he signed a lucrative contract at his employer’s company. He adds, “Those with a strong work ethic will always do well. I value employees who work tirelessly to build the company and they reap the rewards. An individual’s selfless dedication always shines through, especially when their sole purpose is to see the company succeed and of course in the company’s success lies yours.”
As a self-styled ideas man, Tej is fascinated by youth, the progenitors, he believes, of innovation. His core business is the IT company, Grafix Softech, which provides payment solutions for e-commerce. Founded in 1998 in Costa Rica, it found a niche in the Central American republic’s thriving
online gaming and dating activities.
He came to fatherhood reasonably late after marrying his wife, Wendy and it inspires, drives and brings out the mischievous child in him. Wendy is far stricter with the children, Sean, 11 and Cassia, 8; “I sometimes sneak down to the swimming pool with them after she is asleep.” They are being educated at, Wellington College, hence the Thames-side home in the English countryside where he is a genial and hospitable host.
Fatherhood cemented his commitment to philanthropy, through the Tej Kohli Foundation, set up in 2002 with Wendy. She is a qualified but non-practicing dentist who enjoys using her intellect to disseminate their fortune to the tightly focused projects they have chosen. It began with 12 severely disabled children in Costa Rica, he explains, “one went on to take a high degree in organic chemistry; another will need life-long help from us. It’s about giving each the best possible life they can have.”
Now they aid many deprived children in Costa Rica, including the provision of midday meals, assistance with therapy and educational scholarships. The Foundation is funded solely through Kohli’s personal wealth, “the number one rule is that I never accept donations nor is there any crossover between my business interests and philanthropy. It must have impact and be sustainable. Intermediaries were taking cuts so we now go directly to suppliers.”
In India, where there are 14 million blind people, he funds cataract surgery, corneal transplants and a mobile bus which travels to the rural poor equipped with the latest ophthalmological equipment, “It was very emotional when we witnessed our initial patient seeing his wife and sons for the first time.”
A huge admirer of Bill and Melinda Gates’ charitable work, he says, “My wife and I want to give something back and help others. It is our passion. What Gates has done has been so impressive, especially as he supported a variety of initiatives that were vitally important but not necessarily in the news, like TB and Malaria when most big name charities were focusing on AIDS.”
It is only made possible though, by the continued fiscal health of his businesses. What he really likes is involvement in sectors that are not fully developed, “What really excites me are data analytics and new e-commerce applications.” He is now working on assembling a top flight consortium of data analytics companies from around the world, These existing businesses have industry experts and regional credibility. He is also an investor in a new paradigm of cosmetic surgery, “We’re building a big multi-clinic brand in the USA, which we will take to the huge untapped markets of China and India.”
But when it comes down to business deciding which projects to pursue is hard, he says, “The hardest thing is to decide which projects not to pursue. I go with my gut feeling. However, by bringing together these experts from dierent parts of the world we can collectively build an even stronger platform and bring even better value to their existing clients while lowering costs and creating economy of scale.” When it comes to his Foundation, though, the decision mostly comes from his heart.
A marketing campaign will only be successful if one sets goals and then employs quality strategies to reach them. Grafix Softech will first evaluate an e-commerce or affiliate marketing site in a process which leads to identification of possible problems. The problem is then addressed to professionals who optimize the e-commerce website by integrating better navigation methods and redesigning graphics as a way of improving the websites conversion rate. At first, some of the changes made to a website will apparently seem insignificant but will always reap great profits in the long run.
Focus on target market
Grafix Softech helps its clients get quality leads to their e-commerce websites by focusing on target audience only. The firm has established relationships with many websites which cover the interests of almost each and every online marketer. For instance, if a client deals in computer accessories, the firm will try as much as possible to advertise the client’s products on blogs and websites with related information.
Identifying the best sites on which to advertise products is just an initial step in a marketing campaign led by Grafix. The firm will then assign professionals who dedicate their working time to analysis which makes it easier to make modifications. If a campaign strategy is not yielding desirable results, it can either be eliminated or modified for maximum efficiency. Grafix Softech is reputed for its emphasis on immediate action; coincidentally this is one of the reasons why most marketers prefer the turnkey solutions the firm.
Grafix Softech is at the exposure of a centralized advertisement management system which provides marketing professionals with real time information on a client’s campaign efforts. AdMaster is the innovative software used to produce reports on the progress of a websites seo campaign. Depending on a client’s plan, the reports can either be produced after a fortnight, in a month or upon request.
Web Analytics / Website Traffic Analysis / Search Engine Report Placement
Getting to know the specific aspects of your web demographics in real-time is one of the most fundamental elements for a productive SEO campaign. To be able to scrutinize who is viewing your website, ascertain the type of pages visited or even examine your highly-viewed pages is very significant in a marketing-mix. Grafix Visitor Tracker™ not only yields all the facts, but also gives you up-to-the-second detailed information on your audience behavior.
Through these attributes you can review your conversion rate, online sales, your PPC promotions, and direct mail campaigns — all with Grafix Visitor Tracker™. Not only does the Grafix Visitor Tracker™ give you information regarding your prospects’ behavior visiting the website it can also offer you information on your users’ screen resolution, OS types, browsers etc.
Following are a few key features of our web analytics tool – The Grafix Visitor Tracker™:
- View the search words visitors use to find your website
- Watch where unidentified visitors are coming from
- Get real-time approach to your website visitors
- Receive name of company and address of unidentified visitors, thus getting clarity to new opportunities
- Get real-time accounts about which guests are most participating on your website by day, week, or month. These accounts will also furnish detailed data about the web pages visited by your guests, amount of time spent on each page, and the kind of search terms typed in to discover your site
- Locate where the bulk of your website visitors are arriving from based on their geographical position
- Check any visitor that paid a visit to your site by name, IP address, and even both
- Discover the most viewed pages on your website
- Map customers between different websites
- Monitor visitors over time; learn about repeat customers’ behavior and preferences, thus targeting them with right offers
Search Engine Report Placement
- Discover which search engines and indices push the most traffic. With Grafix Visitor Tracker™ you can generate search engine reports with ease.
- Grafix Visitor Tracker™ offers keyword evaluation to use for search engine optimization and search engine placement analysis.
- Website statistics about the individual visiting your web site, as well as the programs used to view your site, which OS they run, the countries they are operating from and the languages they speak.
- The exact time of day people visit your web site and when hindrances take place.
- See how viewers maneuver inside your web site.
- Witness the number of orders placed by your users through the efforts of your marketing campaigns, search engine placement or other search engine marketing promotions.
- E-mail alerts when traffic volumes are affected.
- Illustrative depiction of web traffic trends
Conversion Tracking Features
- Search engine marketing campaign tracking
- View how your email promotions or PPC campaigns capitalize on customers
- Keep a tab on intrinsic visitor information for every transaction
- Conversion rate and order analysis
- Website statistics for specific user defined acts, such as, trials, downloads, etc.
- Huge Impetus to Managers Gauging the Web
- Real-Time Reaction and Performance to Visitors
- State-of-the-art Tracking Feature Distinguishes Visiting Prospects — Including Unidentified Ones — and Observes their Actions Within the Website
- Incorporate Online and Offline Information for an Unmitigated Business View of Your Organization’s Performances